1300 32 42 52

Home Safety

In addition to electronic security Raneye Systems is also well known for their home safety products, including smoke, natural gas and carbon monoxide detectors. They may look similar in construction, but they certainly don't detect the same things.

 

       Smoke Alarm                    Natural Gas detector          Carbon Monoxide Detector

 

Most homes these days have (or should have) at least 1 or 2 smoke detectors fitted to comply with current Federal and State regulations.  Smoke detectors are a really cheap form of insurance and of course can save lives.  But make sure that you choose the right type of smoke detectors.  Are you aware that Ionisation Smoke Detectors are being phased out in many states in Australia because they simply don't do the job they were purchased for, in a timely manner.

Ionisation Smoke Detectors are great at detecting fast flaming fires, where there is instant ignition, and flame is present.  But they do not detect slow smouldering fires, the type that typically strike in homes.  A cigarette butt, an ember from an open fire, an electrical fault.  Ionisation Smoke Detectors detect particles of less than 1 micron, whereas Photo-Electric Smoke Detectors detect particles greater than 1 micron - as are typically seen in a slow smouldering fire.

Natural Gas Detectors have been designed to provide a safer environment where LPG or Natural gas is used.  The devices detect leaking gas in homes & industries etc and are likely to become as essential as the “smoke alarm” in the 21st century. Leaking gas can become a silent killer and if undiscovered can render people unconscious. It can also cause violent explosions. These alarms will give you a warning that gas is present before you light a flame or accidentally create a spark.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors are another important home safety solution as a build up of this deadly gas can easily go undetected. Being one of the most deadly components of car exhaust, this can also be a by-product of a faulty gas heater or hot water system and if a leak goes undetected in an enclosed space, the consequences can easily be lethal in a very short time. Carbon Monoxide, or as they are more commonly known CO Detectors, are becoming widely accepted as another necessary addition to home safety.

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs after inhalation of a high enough concentration of carbon monoxide (CO). Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas, but being colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating, it is very difficult for people to detect. Carbon monoxide is a product of incomplete combustion of organic matter due to insufficient oxygen supply which inhibits complete combustion and conversion to carbon dioxide. It is often produced in domestic or industrial settings by older motor vehicles and other gasoline-powered tools, wood and gas heaters, and cooking equipment. Exposures at 100 ppm or greater can be dangerous to human health.

 

 
  Carbon Monoxide Video
                                    

  
Ionistation Smoke Detectors

                                        

  
Change to Photo-Electric Now!

               


Natural Gas Safety

Symptoms of mild acute poisoning include lightheadedness, confusion, headaches, vertigo, and flu-likeeffects; larger exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system and heart, and even death.  Carbon monoxide can also have severe effects on the fetus of a pregnant woman. Chronic exposure to low levels of carbon monoxide can lead to depression, confusion, and memory loss. It is often referred to as the "silent killer" because it is virtually undetectable without using detection technology.

carbon monoxide detector or CO detector is a device that detects the presence of carbon monoxide(CO) gas in order to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.

CO detectors are designed to measure CO levels over time and sound an alarm before dangerous levels of CO accumulate in an environment, giving people adequate warning to safely ventilate the area or evacuate. Some system-connected detectors also alert a monitoring service that can dispatch emergency services if necessary.

"Carbon monoxide detectors to become mandatory"

Carbon monoxide detectors will soon be compulsory in all Australian homes.

A private member's bill to protect against carbon monoxide poisoning was passed in Federal Parliament with bipartisan support this morning (March 3rd 2011).

The Federal MP for Murray, Sharman Stone, introduced the bill after Mooroopna brothers Chase and Tyler Robinson died of carbon monoxide poisoning last May.

For more information or to receive a free consultation, please contact us today. 1300 32 42 52

click here for a
FREE ESTIMATE
 

Location

61 McBride Avenue
WONTHAGGI,
Victoria 3395

 

Tel : 1300 32 42 52
Email : sales@raneye.com.au

Follow Us

Demand the best and get it... from Raneye Systems